Kiruna, the town in Northern Sweden that is slowly slipping into the ground has announced the closed competition list to redesign the city when it moves to it’s new location.
- Design AIM (Helsingborg) and Onix Sweden AB (Helsingborg) with advisor / sub-consultants Noema Culture & Place Mapping (London), Atkins (Malmö) and Farawaysoclose / Apocalypse Labotek (Malmö).
- Bjarke Ingels Group (Copenhagen), Spacescape (Stockholm), Testbedstudio (Stockholm), Topotek 1 & Man Made Land (Berlin) and Resource Vision (Stockholm).
- BSK Architects AB (Stockholm), MVRDV (Rotterdam) and Grontmij in Sweden AB (Stockholm).
- COBE Aps (Copenhagen) with advisers Kragh & Berglund (Copenhagen and Stockholm), Moe & Bread Farm (Rodovre), Yngve Andren Konsult AB (Stockholm) and Boris Broman Jensen (Aarhus).
- Ecosistema Urban (Madrid), architect Kristine Jensen Tegnestue (Aarhus), 700N architecture AS (Tromsø), Lighting Architecture (Stockholm) and Atkins (Stockholm).
- KCAP Architect & Planners (Rotterdam) and Case Studio (Gothenburg).
- NorconsultByplan (Sandvika), Norconsult landscape architect (Sandvika), Fantastic Norway (Oslo) and the 0047 International AS (Oslo).
- Tham and Videgård Architects (Stockholm), Territorial Agency (London) and a_zero environmental architects (London).
- Tovatt Architects & Planners (Stockholm), Atelier Dreiseitl (Ueberlingen), Urban Think Tank Architects LLC (Zurich) and Wenanders (Stockholm).
- White Architects AB (Stockholm), Ghilardi + Hellsten (Oslo), Spacescape (Stockholm), Vectura Consulting AB (Solna) and Evidence BLW AB (Stockholm)
Expect the result in March 2013.
See my original write up of Kiruna here.